]]>

« Home | What can I say. I’ve been without inspiration to w... » | In the search for warmth and a good steak, we find... » | Open letter to Russia: Dear Putin, You silly Bitch... » | If your holidays were as filled with joy and glee ... » | We like all things Jordanian. Like how you can eat... » | It's Arab Hour here at Nine-Seven (dot com).Why Ar... » | We spent all day yesterday doing some very disturb... » | Boy do I miss you. I miss you like Mexican food. ... » | My job has many perks. Things like, I get my own l... » | Being a bit short of cash, I made a quick stop to ... »

I’ve taken it upon myself to half-heartedly improve my German. As numerous friends have high accolades for the “MTV English” method, I thought I would give it a try. However, I don’t get English subtitles over German noise. So we decided to go to DVDs. But the brain power required to both read English and listen to German was more than I could afford. I kept falling into the plot.

So, I went to my closest female friend and pleaded for her to raid her collection for mindless, plot-less cinematic adventures that I thought had the potential to double as a general anesthetic. I walked away with “Strawberry Shortcake,” and Season 2 of “Sex and the City.”

That first night I dreamt that I took all four women in a bathroom stall. No doubt we were all out for wine and shrimp, listening to Carrie talk about discovering her ‘Inner Freak’ as Samantha struggled to come to grips with her advancing age and her biological inability to tolerate the appropriate amounts of plastic surgery. Personally, Miranda freaks me out a little. Maybe it’s because she’s ugly. Fortunately, there’s Charlotte. She’s been quite lately. I’ll have to keep my eye on her. . .