]]>

« Home | I had asked her to tell me a story. Something acti... » | On we ventured. The music fading and the beach gro... » | Our company voluntarily departed us after a botche... » | The evening’s events unfolded without purpose. I h... » | I’m on holiday.Judging by your high milk prices an... » | für empfindliche Kopfhautfür die tägliche Haarwäsc... » | Happy news. I have more information on that Tasty ... » | The fourth leg of this journey finds us here, a sh... » | We’d like to thank the South Koreans for hospitali... » | My diarrhea cha-cha-cha buddy picks me up this mor... »

Day 2 began against my will. A midnight exit to the parking lot for a bathroom release and I must have forgotten to lock the door when I returned. Our recently married groom snuck in and awoke me from my slumber, dragging me out for a sunrise swim followed by day old smoked fishes and beer for early morning breakfast. If there’s anything worst than the Spondylolisthesis cot I was assigned to it would be a sunrise swim followed by day old smoked fishes and beer for early morning breakfast. Maybe this is married life. But the rest of the day would boast nothing more exciting than a sunny beach with fresh smoked fishes and beer. And the sunbathing beauty to my side.

The evening’s events unfolded without purpose. I had it in my pocket with no solidified or even any thought through plans on when, where or how to ask. In hindsight, it was actually quite perfect. The night sky was clear and drowning out the faint thumping sound of the local discos was the mellow crashing of waves from the Sea of Azov. Also, I’m a sucker for women in skirts.

Our company voluntarily departed us after a botched attempt at a night swim, Ms. Baku and I choosing to press on. As cliché as it sounds, we took a long walk on the beach. And I liked it. Arm in arm, we strolled on, over one shallow sea shell sand mound and down to the next, skipping over beer bottles, just out of reach of low tide.

On we ventured. The music fading and the beach growing darker under the less-than quarter moon. We found our spot within a few meters from the wave’s reach, nestling our bottoms in the sand, she curling up in my gorilla-like arms, seeking the safety of my man chest. I say ‘gorilla’ because they freakishly long like a gorillas. Hairy like a Mother-in-Law.

I had asked her to tell me a story. Something action packed, preferably with misbehaving nurses from the Asia-Pacific region. A sort of ‘romantic comedy’ if you will. She gracefully declined and requested one of her own. Absent any culturally specific or health care related references or characters. Little does she know I’m not that deep.

But I am romantic. And coming off the fresh high from my recently purchased Play Station 3 and completion of COD4, I grilled up a verbal literary masterpiece d'jour that will forever transcend the depths of our language barrier. A fairytale journey of love, romance, sports, and all things bubble bath like culminating in the eye-opening discovery of one symbolic diamond.

She said, “Yes.”